Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Art of Noise

Some interesting Facts I found out upon reading this little book:
-Primitive people attributed to sound a divine origin.
-It was attributed to respect and was revered by priests
- Middle Ages music did progress through the development and modifications of the Greek tetracord system.
Actually, this entire things reads like a Manifesto almost.
What with the 'we must break through for this to happen', and so on and so forth.
The writer is really pushing how important music is, it's almost as if it's his life that's on the line here when it comes to music and sound.
Overall, this was a really passionate piece, and I can appreciate that, it's nice to see somebody that's that passionate about their loves and hobbies for a change.
Very informative, all while retaining a personal, almost chatty sort of tone,not overly scientific, but the facts were an added bonus.
I enjoyed reading this piece very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment